Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

My Baby Totoro

Hello! My name is Lindsay (I'm the mama) and my daughter's name is Matilda (she's the baby!)

I always knew that I would be a crafty mama one day, concocting all sorts of fun projects for me and my little ones to explore our creativity with! So when I got pregnant last year one of my favorite things to do would be to daydream about all the fun we would start having together, even during my baby's infancy. Now that she's here and we've started a few projects already it felt natural to blog about our projects and adventures for my own personal enjoyment, for sharing with anyone who may be interested and to have a place for my girl Tildy to look back on when she's older.

All that said, I'm happy to share our first adventure in baby costume play: TOTORO! I'm sure this won't be the last Ghibli character we'll cosplay but Totoro is the cutest and had to be done! Totoro's belly was appliqued adhering hand-cut wool felt pieces to a blank baby onesie using Steam-A-Seam, the leaf headband was made using green felt cut and machine stitched into a leaf shape and attached to a soft 1/4" elastic band suitable for baby's head. Oh and the soot sprites were very simply made using 2" pompoms, white easy felt cutouts for the eyes and 8mm black eyeballs. Hope this helps anyone who wants to try it out on their own!

8 comments:

  1. Awwwwww!! My heart just melted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo precious! I'm excited to see all that you and Tildy create together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And your daughter is adorable! I really wish it was warm enough here for an outdoor photoshoot with my little nugget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome information! Such a wonderful reference! Thanks for all the hard work you have obviously put into this!
    Monchhichi
    <a href="https://www.japanesemonkeypants.com/collections/pusheen''>Pusheen Plushies</a>

    ReplyDelete